- The main beach in Paignton offers family friendly fun.
- A sandy beach and safe bathing.
- Lifeguards in summer, beach kiosks and toilets.
Paignton Beach in the centre of the town is a popular destination for visitors and locals all year round. There is much to recommend the beach with regular cleaning of the sands, seasonal lifeguards and deckchair hire, toilets and beach kiosks selling ice cream, candy floss, hot and cold drinks and hot food.
There is much to do around the beach too including:
- Donkey rides on the green bordering the beach.
- Paignton Pier which splits the beach with rides, amusements and a cafe.
- Seasonal boat trips around the bay.
- A family friendly pub and restaurant.
- Events on Paignton Green throughout the year.
- A multi-screen cinema.
- Pirate themed crazy golf course.
Access to the beach
Outside the peak months (June-Sept) it is possible to park on the seafront though there is a parking charge and maximum stay limit. Otherwise there is a multi-storey car park a few hundred yards away in Paignton centre and more on-street parking.
The beach is backed onto by Paignton Green which creates a wide, level and open which while busy in the summer always seems to have the capacity to cope with the crowds.
Paignton Beach is sandy and offers safe bathing and ideal sandcastle building conditions. The beach even attracts surfers occasionally with the right conditions and kite surfers early in the morning or later in the evening.
Paignton Beach offers the classic English Seaside experience; an expanse of sand with deckchairs, candy floss and ice cream in abundance.
Paignton Pier – http://www.paigntonpier.co.uk